Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Belli Challenge- Graduations!!

This week our Creative Belli Challenge is to make a graduation card. If you think you don't have any graduation stamps, put on your thinking cap and see what you can create without one. I used my Inkadinkado owl, colored in markers and an Inkadinkado grad cap from an all occasion set embossed in black. You could just use an owl if you have one with the diploma in his claws. For mine I just stamped Congratulations on a piece of paper and rolled it up.
The paper is Scarlet's Letter by Basic Grey with Basic Gray cardstock and taffeta ribbon by Stampin' Up.
Hope you can join us on this challenge, we would love to see what you create!















For my second sample I used Basic Gray textured cardstock and the template from Splitcoaststampers (found in Templates section under Graduation gift Card Holder. I sponged the edges with matching ink and pierced all the way around. A large brad and tassel were added and the sentiment on the inside is from the retired set Measure Of A Life. It says "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams". by Eleanor Roosevelt. A gift card tucks into inside front.

9 comments:

~T~ said...

Love those!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

What a great idea...and I just got a graduation announcement from my nephew...I think I will try one of theses! Thanks!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Your little graduation owl is adorable, Joanne...love the paper you used and such great colors!!! The graduation gift card holder is FABULOUS...what a super cool idea and I know the graduate will love it!!!!

Ceal said...

wow I love them both! great job with the challenge~

JulieA said...

Very cute! Love the owl with the grad hat!

Elizabeth said...

These are awesome graduation cards!

Holly said...

Joanne!!!!!!! WOW! I love your graduation cards! Love the one shaped like a grad cap, and the other card is so beautiful! Love that background paper - so gorgeous! And that owl - how perfect to have a wise old owl on a grad card? :-)

Elena said...

The owl with the hat is a brilliant idea! Love the roll-up Congratulations paper!
And a hat is so cool too! Love all of your projects!!!

Danita said...

Both cards are AWESOME Joanne!!! I love them both. The graduation hat is so cute and cleverly disguised!!! Im gonna have to make some of these!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Danita