Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CBC #65 Belli Color Challenge- Join in!


This week our Creative Belli Challenge is to use the Stampin' Up colors of Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral, and Certainly Celery. I hope you can join us, you can always use the closest thing that you have to this combination.
For my card I started with a Cameo Coral base. The next layer is Certainly Celery run through the Big Shot with the new SU Texturz plate "Damask", I sponged some additional celery ink on the edges.
For the flowers I embossed them using Versamark and white embossing powder. Stamp set is Fifth Avenue Floral. I used my re-inkers and an aquapainter to color and added additional color by sponging around edges. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations on Whisper White. Arranged the flowers around this white oval, some were raised up a bit on dimensionals.

18 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Joanne...the flower *frame* looks soooo fabulous around the sentiment...soooo elegant!!!!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty! Love the colors, technique, everything!

Jaspere said...

Wow! I think this is my absolute favorite one yet.

Deb said...

Joanne this is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!! I love the coloring and how you blended the colors from dark to light. Just beautiful. The receipent of this card should be very appreciative of your talent. Just love it!!!!!!

JulieA said...

Oh, what a beautiful frame of flowers! Clever! Love the way you put these colors together. I'm so in love with that watercolor technique.

Jennifer Talley said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love it!

Dawn B. said...

Joanne this is breathtaking. Your creativity amazes me. I love these colors. How great to see a card made with this much color. Super job....

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Joanne! Love your circle of flowers!

Holly said...

*THUD* This is GORGEOUS, Joanne!!!!!!! I just begged my mom to let me borrow her Fifth Ave Floral stamp set so I can try this watercoloring. I am in LOVE with your belli card, girl!!!

Debs said...

Just love your technique Joanne, it has brought your card to life, and the way youve inked on your embossing is gorgeous.
Hugs Debs

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Oh my goodness- You know I love flowers & these are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the techs you have done this week. I love techs..You didn't know that did you? ROFL!

Gorgeous!

Sara said...

This is truly gorgeous, I LOVE the color combo, and the stamps.

Becky said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, The colors are so lovely, this card is on my 10 list for this week :)

Danita said...

Joanne, gorgeous card!!! Love all the flowers as a frame for the sentiment!!! Beautiful coloring!!!

Danita

Anne Harada said...

This amazing Joanne!! Fantastic stamping technique, beautiful layout. You should submit this to SU!! It's to die for!!

toners said...

Oh Joanne, this is stunning! Beautiful colors and details!

Veronica Z said...

Such a beautiful card!