Friday, May 29, 2009

Crochet Flower




I found these amazingly beautiful hand crocheted flowers made in the 1940's on ebay. The detail on this is unbelievable with multiple layers on each petal. For today's Limited Supply Challenge I used only one sheet of plain cardstock as my card base (Naturals White) with Parisian Breeze designer paper, Top Note die, Pretties Kit pearls, Button Boquet, and Soft Sky stitched ribbon. The blue plaid border around the flowery Top Note is just the negative part of the paper that was cut out (the reverse side of the floral). I never throw anything away!

12 comments:

Jaspere said...

This is beautiful. I too have quite the stash of things that most people would have easily thrown away.

Becky said...

I love this blue dp, this is a lovely card.

Jacquel said...

This is gorgeous Joanne! I was quite stumped on that challenge myself...you made it look very easy!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oooo! I should get my mom to crochet some of these for me. What a beautiful card, Joanne!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! What an awesome job on the challenge!! The blues and crocheted flower are perfect!!

Cindy said...

I saw this card earlier today on SC....it is sooooo pretty. The crochet flower is wonderful. Gotta love Ebay! :o)

Crystal said...

Girl this is gorgeous!!! LOVE your design!

JulieA said...

Wow, that crocheted flower is gorgeous! That's a great find! Gorgeous card, Joanne. Gorgeous!

laos348 said...

That flower is beautiful and makes the perfect accent. I like the how you added the pearls as well. Very pretty card.

Elena said...

So gentle and elegant! The flower is so precious!!!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness Joanne what a find. I love this. Such a beautiful thing to add to any card especially yours...Super job..

deborah james said...

i love it when they add them small flowers like that,do you have directions for that cute small flower.