Saturday, May 16, 2009

Texture Plate


I scored big time at Joann's today. I got a set of Sizzix Texture plates (a double sided 3 pack) and it came with the extra crease pad and silicone mat all for $7.97.
Woo!!!! I inked the plate with Real Red and then ran it through the Big Shot. It slipped while it was going through and I like the way the mistake came out. Kind of 60's looking. Fifth Avenue Floral rose was embossed with black powder on Whisper White and colored with aquapainter and real red ink. Oval All sentiment with new scallop oval punch for sentiment and Sizzlits Little Leaves in Basic Black behind popped up rose.

15 comments:

mudmaven said...

Very, very nice! Don't you just love those serendipitous happenings? Great score! ~chris

Anonymous said...

Wow! You made out pretty good at the craft store - how come I never find any deals that good???

Kim said...

Love that red rose! Very pretty!

Unknown said...

oh wow! what an amazing deal!
your card is so cute.

Lisa Foster said...

This is gorgeous! Love it! Good for you getting such a good deal! :) Hugs,
Lisa

Joan Ervin said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne...love all the red!!! Wait till Anne sees this!! Wish we had a Joanne's around here...sounds like that's a great place to shop!!!

mudmaven said...

Good morning Joanne! I've left you a little something to say thanks for all your wonderful inspiration on my blog! ~chris

Becky said...

Love the bright and bold colors, very pretty.

JazzyH said...

Great deal.. Nice card.

JulieA said...

Oooo, trippie! I love the colors and those black leaves really set everything off!

Elena said...

What a nice background! Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colours. They suite the image perfectly.

Cindy said...

Joanne, you always do such beautiful work. The dark accent sets the card off!

laos348 said...

That is very cool - I like the double vision sort of look too.

Dawn B. said...

This is really cool Joanne. I need to get the extra pad for my SU ones. Great red rose. Love it. TFS