Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Poinsettia Ball Ornament



For this ornament I started with a small styrofoam ball. Punched out Boho Blossoms flower, just using the 6 petal flower one which conveniently happens to be on the edge. Lay your punched out flowers on your foam piercing pad mat and press down as hard as you can in the direct center of the flower with your Empressor stylus. This will curl the flower up perfectly, it's so cool! I secured each of these onto the styrofoam ball with decorative pearl pins. For the hanger I wound some silver cording around a large silver brad and pushed it through the top, securing with some tacky glue so it doesn't just pull out when you hang it.

7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Yeah, but how do your fingertips feel???????I remember doing a bunch of similar things a # of years ago, and it took a week for me to not hurt!! Anyway, this RED ornament is beautiful, and what a pretty addition it would make to ANY tree! TFS!

JulieA said...

Oh, how cute! Love all of your colored pins...they totally rock on the insides of these flowers!

Jacquel said...

Very cool idea Joanne! Your ornament came out beautifully....tfs!!!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

WOW! I love that ornament! I HAVE to make some of those!!!

Abi Bundy said...

This looks great!! I wonder how long it would take my kids to take all the pins out again??? lol

Anne Harada said...

Fantastic project, thanks for the photos! What a great gift for the holidays!! TFS my friend!!

Anonymous said...

ah at last, I found this post once more. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. This time, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)