Monday, June 28, 2010

Dream Garden


For the pounded flower technique I used fuchsia blossoms on watercolor paper. Warning: these flowers are very juicy and made quite a mess of my Big Shot but I was pleased with the result after cleanup. This is very easy, simply arrange your blossoms on top of the watercolor paper and run it through your Big Shot or Cuttlebug. Sandwich in some paper towels to catch the moisture (wish I had thought of that). I then embossed Asian Poetry (retired SU) background in gold along with the crane stamp at bottom. Asian woman was stamped in Rich Razzleberry on the watercolor paper and colored in with marker.

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW, Joanne, this is so stunning!! Love your regal colors and that gold fan is the perfect accent! That technique scared me away, but may have to try it after we return from our vacation week. Too much to do before we leave.

Mary Marsh said...

like wanda I looked at the technique and shyed away-but you made it sound so easy-you really created a beautiful card

Joan Ervin said...

You did such a beautiful job with this technique, Joanne...I just love the Asian images and the beautiful colors!!! The embossing on the background looks sooo elegant!!!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Joanne! I wish I had known about this technique when my hydrangea were huge and colorful. Now, they sort of look fried. Great design!

Anne Harada said...

Wow, serious?? This makes a gorgeous background!! Awesome Joanne!!

Julia Aston said...

Fun pounded flower card Joanne! I had the same gushy issues with some of my attempts! love the colors on this Asian theme card and the lovely fan charm!

Edna Morrisedie said...

The flower pounding really adds to this J... I love this card, pretty and interesting all at once!