Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tissue Paper DP


The challenge for today was to use tissue paper in some way. This is not at all what I intended at first but I'm happy with the end result. I went looking for some plain white tissue to make a flower with and came across this old fashioned Santa tissue paper. I adhered a piece to the Kraft piece and mounted to a Cherry Cobbler base. For the flower I cut about 15 of the scallop circles from the same paper and made a paper rose (a small store bought rose is in the very center). The stamp set is SU's Bells & Boughs from the current holiday mini.

6 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this soft flower and of course the RED as a basis for the whole card!! Just so lovely!!

Mary Marsh said...

when I first looked at the card my eye was drawn to the dsp-I was very surprised to read that it was tissue paper-great card and take on the challenge, gf

Wanda Cullen said...

This made an awesome BG when you added the tissue paper to the kraft CS! Your rose is beautiful...as is the whole card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Joanne! I love the colors and dp. Your flower is fabulous!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love love the DP, you did a great job with this card, a great festive feel, very classy too!

Peggy said...

LOVE the tissue paper DP!! GORGEOUS card!