Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chalkboard Technique

The chalked colors on the Soft Suede look a lot closer to the colors that are in the designer paper in real life. It was kind of hard to get an accurate photo of this at night for some reason.
Spice Cake designer paper with Soft Suede and Very Vanilla cardstocks. Chalkboard technique for today's Ways To Use It was combined with the Sketch Challenge.
I had a question about the chalkboard technique (I didn't have an e-mail address to respond so I hope that you see it here).
I stamped on the dark cardstock in craft white and then blotted/shaded over the white stamped area in chalk pastels while the ink was still wet. You can also color over on the white with colored pencils when the ink dries instead of using the pastels. If you use chalk pastels, you can wipe off the excess chalk with a Swiffer duster cloth. Hope this helps!

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh I love what you did with the sketch! That framing is fabulous!!

sandi said...

I am new at stamping, can you explain what the chalkboard tech is? Your cards are beautiful and thank you for sharing