Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Warmth and Wonder Wednesday




I was so happy to get my new Stampin' Up! goodies, I didn't quite know where to start. The first two cards use the hostess set Warmth & Wonder and will go to my next shipment of cards for the troops at OWH.  I'll be concentrating on Thanksgiving and Christmas for the next box to meet the deadlines.

The first card was inspired by a pretty card by dbarry where she used the Dasher stamp. Pacific Point base with various blue inks used to sponge sky. I spritzed the whole thing with Vanilla Smooch Spritz for some luminescence. Deer and tree in Espresso ink.

The second card with this set uses retired SU holiday paper, Handsome Hunter and Very Vanilla cardstocks, and red satin ribbon.

The large flower in the peach card was found in my box of pre-stamped images so I don't know the maker, also used SU papers and a Crisp Cantaloupe base.

Up, Up, and Away and Everybunny stamp sets on a white base with Not Quite Navy cardstock. The "sky" was done using Glossy white brayered in Cool Caribbean and then spritzed with bleach.

The last set of cards uses a super simple approach to a cute birthday card and I've made them in lots of different colors. Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder with a circle punched out of front. It makes a little window for you to attach the cupcake (or whatever you want to use) on the inside along with the sentiment. Flat and easy for the troops to mail back home!


No comments: