Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dove of Peace

I really love this Dove of Peace stamp from Stampin' Up!, it's a timeless beauty with a perfect scripture for Christmas time. I just discovered the mixed media challenges over at Splitcoast and am starting from the beginning of those challenges. I am about 200 behind so it may take a while to bring me up to speed here. This first Mix challenge called for the use of a shiny and a matte medium. I used acrylic gesso over the sheet music paper (I think this was Graphic45) for the matte portion. Stamped the dove in Versamark and embossed with Espresso powder for the shiny part. Colored with Stampin' Up! markers in pastel shades. Added a little Soft Sky and Sage Shadow ink to edges. Adhered to a Confetti White base. Nice and flat for easy mailing.

No comments: